Search engine optimization is an ongoing and continuous effort and what you get out of it directly relates to what you put into it. You might be #1 today but it can all change overnight.
I can help you rank well and show you how to stay on top. email@example.com
It's a blend of science, research and marketing smarts.
There have been some major shifts in terms of alliances and actual search engine technologies over the past few months and more are expected (primarily with Microsoft/MSN) in the months to come and everyone is fighting a bit of a moving target in their effort to rank well in the search engines. I keep up with the research as a regular part of my business, so here lies an opportunity for you to access my knowledge and get an edge on the competition.
Even with the neverending changes at Google, Yahoo!, Microsoft and so forth, many fundamentals remain that absolutely must be in place in order for you to be found by those looking for what you have. Ryan Creative Communications can help you rise above your competitors to gain top spots in all of the major search engines.
Here are the steps involved in getting your website up to speed with respect to search engine optimization:
- Define Key Word Terms: Requires industry and competitive research, and discussions with you, the client, to ensure we nail down what it is that you have, and what it is that your customers want. This involves defining, writing and prioritizing these search terms for each individual page within your website.
- Assess Existing Site: A thorough review of the site and recommendations for content optimization opportunities; this generally involves the inclusion of a keyword-rich sentence or two at the top of each page and a tweaking of the body content.
- New Header/Page Information: Writing of keywords, page descriptions, page titles, image ALT text and filenames where applicable.
- Submissions: Although there are thousands of search engines (directories and crawlers), it's best to focus on the top engines which include DMOZ/ODP, Google, Overture (Alta Vista, Fast, Inktomi Yahoo!), AOL and MSN; there are about 24 others to which I typically submit to but all custom work focuses on the top engines. I submit each of the existing pages over a one-month period, based on each engine’s own submission guidelines.
- Directory Inclusions: I research opportunities to list your website with related directories to help boost your page rank.
- Link Exchange Program: Inbound links give credibility to your site from a search engine perspective. I can research appropriate targets (sites with a complementary service) and submit these sites and URLs to you for posting under logical category headings. The link exchange convention is to first post your target’s site, then send them a note asking them to return the favour.
- Site Map: A site map enhances optimization regardless of how small the site may be because it presents an opportunity to repeat keywords and to provide internal links that facilitate webcrawlers/robots’ access to all pages within your site.
Contact me today so we can get you ranked where you deserve to be ranked. firstname.lastname@example.org