Web-Writing: zany, conservative, educational, funny, sensitive, technical...
Writing for the Web requires marketing-smarts and logic, but most importantly, it demands empathy for the audience and an ability to sell.
- Know why you are creating this website (and never forget those reasons why)
- Understand the medium; it has limitations but it also presents great opportunities
- Be informative AND persuasive
- Keep sentences short
- Maintain an orderly flow to the site and keep browsing simple
- Use links, pop-ups or some other device to provide backup information where appropriate
- Write in a style that your audience will understand
- Understand (imagine) why they even came to your site